Preferred Rewards by Michael Patrick Lewis

Preferred Rewards - Michael Patrick Lewis

Troy has a problem: he likes a girl whose best friend likes him. Should he take the marshmallow in front of him, or wait for the Preferred Reward?

My Review:

I should have known better going in that I wasn't going to care for this book but I was hoping that maybe the author or the characters would redeem themselves somehow or make their actions more justifiable. It really didn't.

The biggest struggle I had was personally disconnecting my feelings from what was taking place in this book. I've been on the receiving end of an unfaithful spouse and friend so I had a difficult time trying to find reasons to make what Troy did okay.

In the end I couldn't and this massively affected how I felt about the entire eat my cake and have it too line of thinking.

As for the book itself I think the characters had more potential for development including the plot which needed more fleshing to it beyond just the sex which was odd because in a situation you would think would be very emotionally charged everything felt a little numb and disconnected.

There's room for improvement but this one just wasn't for me.

My Rating:

Reviewed By:

Google Plus

Krissys Bookshelf Reviews received a digital copy. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Krissys's Bookshelf received digital copy from the Author in exchange for an honest review.

If any of Krissys Bookshelf Reviews has been helpful please stop by to like or let me know what you think! Thank you!