The 27 Club

The 27 Club - Kim Karr

You don’t know when…
You don’t get to choose if…
When it’s time to join…you’ll know.

You might think you want to be a member—but trust me this is one club you don’t want to join. It’s not a place where people go to live out their deepest, darkest sexual desires—there are no handcuffs or blindfolds.

The 27 Club only admits those who die young and tragically. My brother was recently bestowed membership and joined many of our ancestors before him. I know I’m next. This is my destiny, and I was ready to yield.

But then I met Nate. He awakened a sensuality in me that had never been explored, never satisfied. I knew then I could no longer accept my destiny. Nate’s presence controls me. I’m overwhelmed by his touch, his words; my every thought is consumed by desire. I believe he was brought into my life for a reason.

Nate doesn’t believe in destiny.

But I do.

And if there’s a way to cheat it—I must.

***

I received a print and digital copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.

I thought the 27 Club was a great idea, I would have really loved it if the characters felt more mature. Too bad they all felt like they were fourteen trying to be twenty. I think Kim Karr has come up with a good story with a really interesting twist that will definitely keep readers entertained. It would have won me over with five stars if the maturity and mentality had been brought up a bit but all in all was a decent story.