Exiled (Madame X #3) by Jasinda Wilder

Exiled: A Madame X Novel - Jasinda Wilder

Caleb is everything to her: lover, caretaker, the man who gave her life meaning when she had none. But as she seeks the truth about herself and her past, she discovers that unravelling Caleb’s web of lies might very well be impossible.

Logan is everything she never knew she wanted: freedom, joy, and a passion she couldn’t anticipate. But is Logan’s love enough to save her from herself, from Caleb, and from the tumultuous truth of her past?

Caught between two equally compelling and seductive men, X must make the ultimate choice. But there’s more at stake than just her heart...

Exiled felt like love letter from a victim of a serial killer and a partial letter of obsession from the serial killer to his victim.

I have to credit Wilder for her ability to get into that head space and depict some of its more unrealistic scenes so ... vividly including the nauseating interaction between X and Jakob.

I can't really define an overall impression of this series because its so disturbing.

Its categorized as erotica but the sex is rather a side topic than the focus since the sex is more of a form of manipulation and abuse than it is an act of passion.

Its the relationship between X and Jakob that we never really feel gets concluded despite its conclusion at the end.

It took me awhile to mentally withdraw from this book because it bothered me so much. As a book on its own even as a reader I felt just as violated, it was strange because you know it takes really great writing and talent to evoke such strong emotions from a reader but whether I liked the book or not... I have to say no.

I would almost suggest a psychologist use this series to teach college students the very disturbing depth of human behavior.

There were many other things that didn't click with me but I don't want to discuss them since it would provide way too many spoilers. All I can say is that its up to each reader to form their own opinion in the end.

My Rating:

Blogger

Pinterest

Amazon

Disclaimer:
Krissys Bookshelf Reviews received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Source:
Received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing.

Note:
If any of Krissys Bookshelf Reviews has been helpful please stop by to like or let me know what you think! Thank you!