The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings #2) by J.R. Ward

The Angels' Share: A Bourbon Kings Novel (The Bourbon Kings) - J.R. Ward

In Charlemont, Kentucky, the Bradford family is the crème de la crème of high society—just like their exclusive brand of bourbon. And their complicated lives and vast estate are run by a discrete staff who inevitably become embroiled in their affairs. This is especially true now, when the apparent suicide of the family patriarch is starting to look more and more like murder…

No one is above suspicion—especially the eldest Bradford son, Edward. The bad blood between him and his father is known far and wide, and he is aware that he could be named a suspect. As the investigation into the death intensifies, he keeps himself busy at the bottom of a bottle—as well as with his former horse trainer’s daughter. Meanwhile, the family’s financial future lies in the perfectly manicured hands of a business rival, a woman who wants Edward all to herself.

Everything has consequences; everybody has secrets. And few can be trusted. Then, at the very brink of the family’s demise, someone thought lost to them forever returns to the fold. Maxwell Bradford has come home. But is he a savior...or the worst of all the sinners?

My Review:

I thought Angels Share was great but I don't think its what I was expecting.

While it didn't answer that many questions from the Bourbon Kings I was happy to find that Gin finally managed to begin to win me over toward the end of the book.

Added to that how I felt about several other cast members has also changed.

Its a weird transition that everything in this book is in because the world around the cast is changing so much. From the relationships, to the household, to the financial issues, to the drama and personal exchanges to actually wondering if what you're reading is really reality.

The book as a whole sort of stalls out for awhile on actually solving the questions that were raised in the first book and were never really confirmed so I'm hoping that given the fact that the book was ended on a cliff hanger sort of  again it leaves you wondering how Ward managed to end it where she decided to leave it.

I was fairly exasperated for awhile myself.

Honestly I thought the book was good but I had mixed feelings on how to judge the book however its a middle piece moving in a big ticking clock and we as readers are still missing some of the cogs so I'm hoping to find out once the clock resumes that we are able to tell where its going to go and the shape its going to take but you can definitely tell that things are a changing.

My Rating:

Blogger

Pinterest

Amazon

Disclaimer:
Krissys Bookshelf Reviews received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Source:
Received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing.

Note:
If any of Krissys Bookshelf Reviews has been helpful please stop by to like or let me know what you think! Thank you!