Movie Night: The Duff

The Duff

A high school senior instigates a social pecking order revolution after finding out that she has been labeled the DUFF - Designated Ugly Fat Friend - by her prettier, more popular counterparts

I see where stories like these remain better books than films for which the movie was based on. I thought it was decent and I really found myself feeling bad for Bianca and the bullying she suffered at the hands of her classmates once realization struck.

I was almost wondering whether the movie would wind up being one of those lessons in teen suicide or something however Bianca continued to tolerate her bullying and the idea of outsiders in school cliques while she struggled to discover herself.

Ofcourse if we didn't get the same ending that we did it would have been a completely different movie.

While the funny scenes weren't belly chuckle kind of laughter the heh moments were okay. The story itself captures the idea that bullying is something that has been passed on and tolerated too long simply because its something to do and kids tolerate it because they struggle to accept the reality that accepting yourself is a more positive result than allowing the negativity to get to you.

Its an interesting movie not bad but not great however its still worth the watch.