The Accidental Scot

25056419

The Accidental Scot (Kilts and Quilts #4) by Patience Griffin

When her father is injured in an accident, Edinburgh engineer Pippa McDonnell comes home to Gandiegow to take over the family business, the North Sea Valve Company. Now she’s working overtime trying to fix NSV’s finances and find the cash to get her father proper medical care.
One possibility is to accept a partnership with MTech, an American firm desperate to get their hands on her da’s innovative valve design. He was against bringing in outsiders, but Pippa is desperate enough to at least listen to MTech’s charming representative Max McKinley.
As Christmas approaches and with the help of Gandiegow's meddling quilters, Pippa and Max slowly find themselves attracted to each other. Max seems honorable, but is he there to steal the valve design…or Pippa’s heart?

My Review:
A great holiday book to read for Christmas. Pippa wasn't the type of heroine that really meshed with me as a reader. I liked Max but their relationship wasn't enough to convince me that they belonged together. However, I really liked the town feel and the great detail and the whole growing on me as they grew together. The Accidental Scot was a for sure slow cozy read for the couch cuddle days.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley/NAL/Penguin