Shadow's End (Elder Races #9) by Thea Harrison

Shadow's End (A Novel of the Elder Races) - Thea Harrison

Shadow's End (Elder Races #9) by Thea Harrison

For Beluviel, consort to the Elven High Lord, and Graydon, gryphon and First Sentinel of the Wyr, even the slightest desire for each other is forbidden. But two hundred years ago, after a desperate play to save Beluviel’s stepson left them indebted to the cruel Djinn Malphas, they found their fates inexorably linked together—and the hunger between them growing too strong to ignore…
Two centuries later, with their debt to Malphas coming due, Beluviel and Graydon realize that, if they are to stand any chance of saving their souls, they must once again work together—this time more closely than ever before. But every moment they spend with each other brings them nearer to losing something even more vital—their hearts…

My Review:
I always enjoy the whole reunion stories for couples. Although technically its not a total reunion deal we see the beginning of their meeting and our time period jumps quickly so its not overly noticeable and our h/h's relationship pretty much picks up where it left off after their separation.
I was really intrigued by the djinn show down which was good but I felt it could have been so much better or longer.. maybe both? I was relieved that we got an HEA since so many authors lately are doing the exact opposite these days, which has been really depressing because I hate investing in couples that don't give me the pay off at the end.
One thing I had a problem with between Bel and Gray was the fact that he was so active in investing in their relationship and Bel just sort of seemed to go along with it. She didn't feel to me as if she were as pro-active in it as he was. However that didn't reduce the level of intimacy they shared and if anything the pursuit of their hands off situation made it more appealing to Gray and the hero mentality more appealing to Bel.
Shadow's End was a good read and yet something continued to nag me as I read even after I finished unfortunately I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was which is why I gave it four stars instead of five.
Note for fans of the series readers get plenty of interaction with prior characters from the series.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley/NAL/Penguin