Reaper's Fall

Reaper's Fall - Joanna Wylde Reaper's Fall (Reapers MC #5) by Joanna Wylde

Levi “Painter” Brooks was nothing before he joined the Reapers motorcycle club. The day he patched in, they became his brothers and his life. All they asked in return was a strong arm and unconditional loyalty—a loyalty that’s tested when he’s caught and sentenced to prison for a crime committed on their behalf.
Melanie Tucker may have had a rough start, but along the way she’s learned to fight for her future. She’s escaped from hell and started a new life, yet every night she dreams of a biker whose touch she can’t forget. It all started out so innocently—just a series of letters to a lonely man in prison. Friendly. Harmless. Safe.
Now Painter Brooks is coming home… and Melanie’s about to learn that there’s no room for innocence in the Reapers MC.

My Review:
Wasn't great, wasn't bad, just meh. Mixed feelings for Reapers Fall. I'd give it 3.5 stars so I'll just give it 4.
(Another reunion romance: plus) Painter was a bit softer less bad ass than I expected him to be and twice the asshole in Reapers Fall but it was a strange push and pull kind of deal between him and Mel, which kind of gave me whiplash after awhile.
I really got sick of her friends to the point that I had to stop reading the book for awhile before I could pick it up again. I grew tired of all the manipulative and controlling friends getting involved every five minutes. I was glad that Mel finally opened her mouth and stood up for herself for once after tolerating so much bs from her friends but it already felt like damage done by the time she finally did. The intimacy vibes between Paint and Mel put me off too, mostly because of the mixed signals and the false positive keep away game until they finally gave in to eachother.
Readers get resolution to their involvement but for some reason I felt like I was waiting. For what I don't know but all in all Reapers Fall was still worth the read.
Note for fans of the series readers get plenty of interaction with prior characters from the series.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley/NAL/Penguin