Mind Magic

Mind Magic - Eileen Wilks Mind Magic (World of the Lupi #12) by Eileen Wilks

Thanks to the mindspeech lessons she’s receiving from the black dragon, Lily is temporarily benched from Unit Twelve—until her brain acclimates and the risk of total burnout passes. At least she has her new husband, lupi Rule Turner, to keep her occupied.
But when her mentor calls in a favor and sends Lily to a murder scene, she’s suddenly back on active status—despite the hallucinations she can’t keep at bay. With one touch, Lily knows the man was killed by magic, but her senses don’t warn her how far the conspiracy goes…
A shadowy force within the government wants to take Unit Twelve down, and they don’t mind killing to achieve their goal. With none of her usual resources, Lily is up against impossible odds–because with her mind in disarray, she can’t trust anything she sees.

My Review:
I gave this book four stars but I would have given it three and a half because while the story was written well, I was disappointed that so many loose ends remained as far as I was concerned. I say that because although many issues were "resolved" I felt that it was too simple and too tidy to give me the kind of detail and filler I was hoping for. That issue aside I thought Mind Magic was great and I enjoyed reading it.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley/NAL/Penguin