Heart Legacy

Heart Legacy (Celta Series Book 14) - Robin D. Owens

Heart Legacy (Celta's Heartmates #14) by Robin D. Owens

After the death of GrandLord Yew years ago, the Yews withdrew to their self-sustaining estate and disappeared from Celtan society. The current head of the household is believed to be eighteen-year-old Loridana. To find out, Draeg Blackthorn has been sent to the estate to spy, undercover as a stableman for the stridebeasts—beautiful creatures that hold a place in Lori’s heart no member of her family ever could.
Bullied by her family, Lori has decided to abandon her bloodline and live on her own with her true family—her animals. When Draeg discovers she’s rejecting her heritage, he’s appalled. He’s come to love the land as much as the woman, even spinning small fantasies of marrying Lori and becoming Lord and Lady of the manor. Draeg wants her to stay and fight her elders. For Lori, it’s an alternative that could render her absolutely powerless to pursue her own destiny, and drive her further away from her perfect dreams and the man she loves, Draeg.

My Review:
Once again Owens is at her best with her world building. Fantasy/Paranormal merge for a continued exploration into her creative mind. "I like our connection" is a sentiment I can agree with as a reader loving this authors talented work and wonderful cast. Draeg and Lori are a perfect couple together. I love how Draeg is just the right amount of mind and heart (despite being a spy) to support Lori through her emotional struggle due to the way her family treats her. When there is no where to belong among your kin there is much lost within you because its such a fundamental part of who she is. I really loved Heart Legacy its a beautiful story from beginning to end.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley/NAL/Penguin