Diving for Pearls, Part I: A Pearl Maker Short Story

Diving for Pearls, Part I: A Pearl Maker Short Story (The Pearl Makers #1)by Melissa Storm

Although Elizabeth died giving birth to her daughter, her death wasn’t the end. She awakens to find her sacrifice has transformed her into a special kind of angel—a protector—and if she is able to help her charge through the Pearly Gates, she too will be welcomed into Heaven.
Elizabeth is both heartbroken and overjoyed when she finds she’ll be watching over Daisy, the daughter she never got to meet. She’d like nothing more than to live with her little girl in paradise, and being a guardian is hard work. Will Elizabeth be reunited with her daughter, or forced to suffer in silence as she watches Daisy make mistakes that place her just out of Heaven’s reach?
This tale of sacrifice, redemption, and unyielding love is for anyone who believes in angels—or is looking for a reason to believe.

My Review:
Diving for Pearls was a difficult book for me to get through. Not because it was a bad story but because trying to picture my life without my mother is something I can't imagine. The kind of affect that kind of loss has on you and the questions that draws to mind for someone who has lost their mother and in such a way creates the whole story line for this book.
What happens to mom?
I'm really impressed because this story could be categorized as fiction, spiritual, it could even have broken into the paranormal fantasy realm but what the author has done is provide a world where the end isn't just the end all be all when the spirit leaves the body and it doesn't just abandon those they left behind.
Diving for Pearls is a fantastic read from beginning to end.

My Rating: