The Mammoth Book of ER Romance

The Mammoth Book of ER Romance - Trisha Telep The Mammoth Book of ER Romance

17 suspense-filled tales of ER romance Succumb to these completely addictive and highly contagious medical romances set in the Emergency Room and throughout the hospital. These are stories that go way beyond the classic doctor-nurse romances of yesteryear. This is medical romance reinvented for today, with an invigorating injection of edgy modern romantic suspense, with stories by bestselling writers Alina Adams, Tina Beckett, Sam Bradley, Karen Campbell, Lucy Clark, Cynthia D’Alba, Cassandra Dean, Jacqueline Diamond, Dianne Drake, Fiona Lowe, Janice Lynn, Sue MacKay, Wendy Marcus, Lynne Marshall, Julie Rowe, Patti Shenberger and Abbi Wilder.

· A nurse transfers to a hospital halfway across the country only to run into the handsome young doctor she never quite got over . . . · Shy residents lock eyes in a lonely midnight cafeteria . . .

· A doctor and a policewoman take their burgeoning romance to the next level while she guards a wounded witness . . .

· A famous surgeon, back to woo an old flame, gets his fingers burnt . . .

Call a code – for love!

:::: :::: :::: ::::

‘Wounded Heart’

A brilliant Accident & Emergency Doctor. A dedicated cop. A gunshot witness who must be saved. Who has time to fall in love?

My Review: (This review is for Wounded Heart only)
Wounded Heart is one of the many novellas introduced in the The Mammoth Book of ER Romance anthology written by Cassandra Dean.
Cassandra is the kind of author I have always felt hasn't gotten enough credit for her work despite how fantastic her erotic fiction is. She always manages to tell a complete story no matter how long or short the story is, she creates worlds and characters that are fun, intelligent, sexy and vibrant as you can expect from someone with years of writing experience.
Wounded Heart provides touching emotion, real life detail and a place where adrenaline gets up close and personal with the people who give themselves every day to helping people. Some you win some you lose but when two people who deserve the chance to feel alive again notice one another its not long before the signs of love start cropping up.
I did have quite a few laughs though because our h/h are Ripley and Hicks. All us ALIENS franchise fans will recognize those names. For me they forever stick to the movie so I was stuck imagining Weaver and Bean together which made it a little funny during the steamy moments.
Even though there was less sex than I anticipated I still enjoyed the quick read. I did want to mention that I had some hopes for more story but with a novella you can only expect so much.
Regardless Wounded Heart was still a good read.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review.