Wrapped and Strapped

Wrapped and Strapped - Lorelei James Wrapped and Strapped (Blacktop Cowboys #7) by Lorelei James

Flower child, vegetarian and humanitarian Harlow Pratt and gruff and strapping cattle ranch foreman Hugh Pritchett have been taunting each other for years. Hugh thinks she’s nothing but a spoiled rich girl, and he’s had enough of that life with his ex-wife. Harlow thinks Hugh is an ill-mannered trouble-maker who wouldn't know fun if it bit him on his tight denim-clad butt.
When they’re forced together at the Split Rock Ranch and Resort, everything changes. They might be polar opposites, but working out their differences skin to skin, in the dark, seems to help their incompatibility a lot. But when trouble from both their pasts comes calling, Harlow and Hugh have no one else to lean on. Can they trust one another enough to make it through the hard times together… or will their tentative truce fall apart?

My Review:
I didn't think that the abusive ex plot was needed since the story was strong enough on its own but its great because Westerns are a good re-set kind of read when I get bogged down by my usual genres.
All the hot and cold passion is understandable with the past hurt between Harlow and Hugh (All the H names... Holy moly... I got a headache with all the between dancing of this H or that H or another H) It was nice that both H/H got to resolve their issues and we get to see that transition they make from cold to hot closed to open again.
*Spoiler*
I wasn't surprised Hugh gave up the ranch for Harlow but I was sad that he did that for her because I felt an ending where Harlow finally finds and embraces the sense of "home" and "family" would have been a better ending than simply having Hugh follow Harlow to her next destination.
Its cool to accept who you are but its okay to blossom too. I just wish we had gotten more of the family come together vibe than the "I need to roam" thing.
Regardless of my disappointment in the ending I am happy with the over all story and enjoyed reading it. Hugh is one of my favorites.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley/NAL/Penguin