Mad About the Man

Mad About the Man - Tracy Anne Warren Mad About the Man (The Graysons #3) by Tracy Anne Warren

After a devastating love affair broke her heart—and derailed her career—it’s taken Brie Grayson a while to recover. Now she’s back at a top New York City law firm, determined to rise above it all. And she’ll have to—especially when a major new client turns out to be the boy who made the seventh grade a living hell.
Luxury hotel magnate Maddox Monroe has clawed his way out of the ruins of his former life to build an empire. He knows what he wants and how to get it. But he couldn’t have anticipated reconnecting with the girl of his boyhood fantasies—all grown up and more alluring than ever.
But once Maddox breaks through Brie’s barriers to find the fiery woman hidden underneath, will lust lead to something lasting? Or will past heartache and fresh betrayals tear their future apart before it even has a chance to begin?

My Review:
Finally a cover that doesn't look like it has a fifteen year old on it. I hate to be one of those stereotypical judge a book by its cover readers but its nice to have cover inspiration while you read, so props for the cover art taking its content seriously.
Secondly I'm not a big fan of those pre-teen/young adult themed books and it usually takes a really special story to convince me its worth investing in their story however I am a fan of those reunion love stories so that bought me the time I needed to explore the history and the dynamic of our couples lives as well as their relationship. I did feel that Mad and Bri's positions should have been flipped because frankly its a little strange coming from the man's side of it and considering what all went on I felt Mad was owed the resentment instead of Bri. I felt that Mad About the Man could have been easily written without the "billionaire" / "millionaire" aspect and still would have been just as good. The over all romance and story was okay and the rest of the books that follow this installment still have potential to be really great.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley