Chalvaren Rising

Chalvaren Rising - Paula Millhouse Chalvaren Rising by Paula Millhouse

Twenty-five years ago, Theo Ansgar abandoned the Kingdom of Chalvaren for a hiding place on another world. Some called him traitor. Some, thief. Now his fully grown daughter Mia must return to the land of her birth…and their war.
It was the elf prince Kort Elias who brought her back. Theirs was an instant connection, an inescapable union of body, soul and sorcery, reminding Mia of what she truly is, and what she must become. There is also Magnus, destined to be more potent than any wyrm Chalvaren has ever seen, a three-day-old dragonlet Mia must nurture and then ride. And then there is the Dragonstone, an artifact of power nonpareil. Joined, they can tip the scales of battle against the wraith-possessed forces of darkness, of Mia’s own embittered kin.
Redemption will be offered, the protected will become the protector, and an ancient prophecy will come to fruition, but only righteous love can conquer all.

My Review:
The heavy open detail left in this book makes me wonder if its a part of a series. There is much information that could have been explored in further detail. I did enjoy the dragon rider part and the romance which was fantastic. I really liked Mia and Elias together. I had much to like about Mia, you can relate to her, you can empathize with her struggles and her situation because of her history and where she comes from. I respected the way Elias embraced her strength as a person and as a woman. She stood brave in her home world and that's something you can get behind.
Mia wasn't a person that shied away from her strength, and she didn't fear taking on her new position. I like authors that aren't afraid to embrace strong female leads.
Chalvaren Rising is a fantastic story full of wonderful fantasy in a big world the author can explore and develop in later installments if she chooses to do so.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review