Starlight (The Dark Elf War #1)

Starlight (The Dark Elf War #1) - William A. Stacey

Starlight (The Dark Elf War #1) by William Stacey

Twenty-year-old university dropout Cassie Rogan has returned to her small British Columbia home. Tortured by an accident that killed her parents, she drifts, failing life at every turn. When an impossibly localized lightning storm hits the surrounding forest, Cassie discovers her supernatural side.
After centuries of atrophy, the forces of magic are flowing back into our world, and Cassie can wield arcane powers. Her life seems destined to turn around, until the downside of magic brings everything to a screeching halt. Horrifying mythical beasts now prowl the northern wilderness—including the Basilisk—an enormous eight-legged lizard that can turn its prey to stone.
Recruited by a secretive agency, Cassie must quickly master her powers to protect mankind. As she develops her skills, a dark power secretly watches from the shadows. The Fae Seelie (a.k.a. the Dark Elves)—humanity's ancient enemy—have returned to settle the score.

My Review:
Starlight is a mix of fantasy and reality with some epic supernatural tossed into the mix. I love Cassie's strength and how determined she is to get through her self exploration and her past. Although some of the characters got on my nerves I had to respect the authors ability create such well developed characters it lends credence to the authors ability to create such realistic worlds. Its strong entertainment and now it has won a new fan.
I look forward to seeing where the Dark Elf series goes in the future.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review