Nightwalker

Nightwalker - Jacquelyn Frank Nightwalker (The World of Nightwalkers #5)by Jacquelyn Frank

Kamen is a Bodywalker, an ancient soul reborn in one human host after another. He’s also a prisoner of his own kind: for it was Kamen who released Apep, the deadly god who threatens the existence of their world. To atone for this grievous error, Kamen accepts an urgent mission: to convince the other nations of the Nightwalkers to set aside their centuries-old conflicts and band together. If he fails, all will be lost. And no tribe presents a greater challenge than the Wraiths, the spectral beings who are feared and despised for their lethal deathtouch.
Kamen makes first contact with a stunning, ghostly pale beauty named Geneviève. Part Wraith and part human, scorned as a half-breed, Viève shares the hunger for redemption—and for connection. Her scintillating touch holds the kiss of death, and yet it makes Kamen feel more alive than ever. Soon his lips are pressed against hers, sending Viève into fits of desire and forging a bond that breaches the divide between them. Now they must unite all the Nightwalkers, from Vampire and Shadowdweller to Djynns, and fast—for Apep is ready for war.

My Review:
Nightwalker was more of an in between novels kind of of build up for me, there wasn't a whole lot of plot aside from the showdown fight but I really loved getting to see familiar faces that haven't gotten a whole lot of page time but I didn't get the whole love vibe from our h/h. Despite that I really liked the camaraderie of our familiars and the fun adventure and getting to see them back at it together.
I would not suggest readers unfamiliar to the series that haven't read the previous books step in as a first read simply because there is so much history and information to absorb that I feel that anyone that hasn't read Frank's previous works might not follow the extra info. So if you haven't read the other books start from the beginning before diving in this far into it.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review from Loveswept