Fairy Nuff: A Humorous Tale of When Wishes Go Wrong, with a Twist of Fantasy and Romance (The Magical Comedies) - Lucy Shea

Fairy Nuff: A Humorous Tale of When Wishes Go Wrong(The Magical Comedies)
by Lucy Shea

Unaware of the magical powers hidden in her fairy costume, Julie wears it to a friend’s fancy dress party. Bumping into her ex-boyfriend after a few drinks, she almost sleeps with him again — until the costume intervenes. No matter what she does, it won’t come off — not for work, not for a wash and not for sex!
Then her wishes start coming true — but never in the way she wants them. When she wishes for a dishy doctor to sweep her off her feet, he uses a broom and she ends up on crutches. When she wishes for children, five tearaways ransack her house and vomit on her carpet. The costume, it seems, conceals a hidden agenda.
So Julie Nuffield (or “Nuff” to her friends) turns detective to uncover the truth about the fairy costume’s past. Only when she reveals the secrets of its magical powers can she find the right wish to bring her happiness. Until then, she must live as the woman they call Fairy Nuff.

My Review:
I really loved Fairy Nuff. Although its supposed to be a romantic comedy it felt more of an exploration of self discovery and realizing the things you think you want don't always come the way you expect them to. Fairy Nuff puts Julie through the ringer of karma, life, and Murphys law.
I had quite a bit of amusement from page to page relating to Julie and the not so pleasant realities life can throw into your lap when you get what you ask for. Its also a great lesson of being able to see whats right in front of your face the entire time despite the fact that many of us miss that. Fairy Nuff was a fantastic read from beginning to end.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review