Wild Cat (A Leopard Novel)

Wild Cat (A Leopard Novel) - Christine Feehan Wild Cat (Leopard People #8) by Christine Feehan

A simple request for Siena Arnotto: deliver a gift to her grandfather’s friend. One look at Elijah Lospostos, hard-bodied and stripped to the waist, and Siena succumbs to a feline stirring she never felt before, and to Elijah’s reckless and pleasurable demands. But when that pulse-throbbing moment ends in the murder of an unexpected intruder, Elijah accuses the shaken and confused Siena of setting him up.
Then Siena discovers the truth of her Leopard heritage, of the secrets in her grandfather’s inner circle, and the sinister plot of revenge that has put her in jeopardy. When Siena’s grandfather is assassinated, she realizes the only man she can trust is Elijah. Now as her Leopard rises from within, Siena and Elijah share not only an animal instinct for survival—but a desire so raw and wild it may be the only thing that can save them.

My Review:
I was quite happy with Wild Cat because I felt like Feehan returned to some of her old writing traits which also brought a sense of home for me. There's some change and growth as far as where the Leopard people are going compared to where they used to stand alongside Feehan's Carpathian series from which we first met them.
Wild Cat explores some old history and explores a more old Feehan kind of romance vibe between Elijah and Sienna. There's some conflict for the murder mystery and past relationships of people involved with E&S but it was easy to brush aside because I was just so happy to get that old Feehan flair I've missed so much back.
Honestly I couldn't be happier with the way Wild Cat turned out. I am so happy that I didn't give up on Feehan's writing because she's come back in a big way. Elijah is the male lead I've been waiting for. (Although Sienna got a tad bit on my nerves at some points I was still content with their pairing)

Side Note: We get a tiny preview of Feehan's Spider Game book which will be the 12th installment of the Ghost Walker series released in Feb (2016) I have mixed feelings about the preview that we've been given. There are so many extensions to explore from the multiple angles for our multiple groups of enhanced soldiers.
I've felt for awhile that readers need a regroup of our first members and original GW's including their histories and Whitney.
Readers have gotten so far from where it all began that the history gets drawn out. Feehan mentions Whitney history briefly, we get to see Wyatt, but I suppose we will see how dangerous our newest addition Cayenne and her black widow gift play into the big picture.

Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley