Undead and Unforgiven (Undead/Queen Betsy)

Undead and Unforgiven (Undead/Queen Betsy) - MaryJanice Davidson Undead and Unforgiven (Undead #14)by MaryJanice Davidson

If Betsy Taylor has learned anything about ruling Hell it’s: 1) she can't do it alone, and 2) she doesn’t have to. She’s got the help of a devoted vampire king, a dateless zombie, an exhausted new mom, an unshowered cop, a bitchy ghost, a kindly dead priest, and her late stepmother (“Go Team Satan!”). But the latest major hurdle in her post-dead life is so big she can’t even see it until it’s on CNN.
Betsy’s father and half-sister Laura (a former Anti-Christ with a grudge) have outed Betsy to the world. It doesn’t take long for the story to become 24-7 headline news. What’s more, people are not only prepared to believe in vampires, they want to kill them. For Betsy, social media has never felt so…unsocial.
Before long the mansion on Summit Avenue is swarming with reporters, would-be vampire/zombie killers, and desperate emos begging to be turned. Betsy has been forced into the unenviable role as the reluctant face of the vampire nation. All she knows is, she has to look good—this is hi-def!—and stay true to who she is. H8ers be damned.

My Review:
I joined in late to the Undead series and had to backtrack and buy up all the previous books to catch up to the latest installment. Bitsy is fantastic. She doesn't claim to be perfect nor does she strive to be. She's a heroine that relates to you and me and vice versa. However when push comes to shove she isn't afraid to put her foot down or up someones ass.
I love the slap stick comedy, I love the ensemble cast of characters because every single one of them adds another level of hilarity and also a sense of realism to the story. Also and I have to mention the footnotes because: seriously. See number 14: Men are from Mars scene. (I get such a kick out of the back and forth.) The 'Oh-No-you-didn't' moment had me rolling.
I absolutely love Davidson's writing and I can't get enough of it. Love her books, love her characters, love the Undead series. Undead and Unforgiven is the reason why I fell in love with her work to begin with.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley