Mine

Mine - HelenKay Dimon

Mine (Holton Woods #3)by HelenKay Dimon

Natalie Udall thought her position at the CIA was secure—until protecting her team earned her an armed escort into certain danger. Natalie can’t stand the idea of being secreted away in a cabin in the middle of nowhere, especially since it means sharing close quarters with the controlling bodyguard enlisted to keep her alive.
Gabe MacIntosh joined the military to support his son, trained as a sniper and dealt with death on a regular basis. Now retired and operating a security firm, his first assignment is to protect a CIA agent on the run. She’s strong willed and difficult—and all Gabe can think about is exerting his domination and stripping her of every expectation she has.
Natalie has no intention of giving in to Gabe’s straightforward demands of dominant sex with no attachments—even though the very idea of giving up control thrills her like nothing ever has…

My Review:
Yes!! We get the ADULT version. Finally. Thank you Dimon for stepping up. I almost want to give five stars just for the fact that Dimon has really done her talent and her readers justice this time around. However I would like to note that action packed it is not. I was expecting more thrill and excitement, more bang bang. I got emotional drama and conflict.
Eh. What can you do? Maturity went up, action reached, but didn't quite get there. Its a work in progress.
Although I do have to say that the sex was good. So you trade off the expectation for explosions or some kind of big show down fight for blowing off some blue ball steam.
That's okay I still enjoyed Nat and Gabe together, I still enjoyed their personality clash, and I enjoyed the hate sex through it all.
By the end I have to say that I enjoyed Mine and I am happy that Dimon has stretched her legs and ventured into an area that she lacked in previous works.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley