Wicked for You

Wicked for You - Shayla Black Wicked for You (Wicked Lovers #10) by Shayla Black

Ever since he rescued her from a dangerous kidnapper, Mystery Mullins has wanted Axel Dillon. When he returned her to her Hollywood father and tabloid life, she was grateful…and a little in love. Mystery wasn’t ready to let Axel go, even after the soldier gently turned her away because, at nineteen, she was too young.
Now, six years later, Mystery is grown, with a flourishing career and a full life—but she’s still stuck on Axel. Disguised, she propositions him in a bar, and the night they spend together is beyond her wildest dreams. Mystery steels herself to walk away—except the sheets are barely cold when her past comes back to haunt her.
Once he realizes Mystery isn’t the stranger he thought, Axel is incensed and intrigued. But when it’s clear she’s in danger, he doesn’t hesitate to become her protector—and her lover—again. And as the two uncover a secret someone is willing to kill for, Axel is determined to claim Mystery’s heart before a murderer silences her for good.

My Review:
Wicked for you - what do I say about you? I had a love/hate relationship with Wicked for You all the way through the book. I loved and hated both Axel and Mystery I loved the sex which was great but I didn't believe in the reasons behind their "chemistry" which really wasn't all that convincing. I didn't particularly care for Mystery at all.
Too much of her wish washy nature got on my nerves and Axel although likable felt like he needed a different female counterpart to balance his own nature and despite their "history" the two didn't quite mesh for me. I didn't believe that the hero complex was the only reason for their involvement and it wasn't a reason for the two of them to BE involved.
That whole issue kept me from really believing in their budding relationship and really investing in their journey. Wicked for You is well written and well thought out but I just wasn't convinced.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley