The Damnable Legacy

The Damnable Legacy - G. Elizabeth Kretchmer

The Damnable Legacy by G. Elizabeth Kretchmer

Lynn Van Swol still regrets the decision she made thirty years ago to place her daughter for adoption so she could climb the highest mountains of the world. Frankie Rizzoni is the troubled biological granddaughter Lynn has never known.
And Beth Mahoney is a minister’s wife with terminal cancer and the only one who knows the relationship between the two. She designs a plan upon her deathbed to bring Lynn and Frankie together, but now, narrating from the afterlife, she must helplessly watch as her legacy threatens to unravel.
The Damnable Legacy of A Minister's Wife is a story about both love and survival, exploring the importance of attachment, place, and faith, and asking how far we should go to achieve our goals-and at what cost.

My Review:
When I received The Damnable Legacy for review I was unsure how I would feel about this book once I finished it. Then once I finished it I was unsure how I would review the book.
Very few books I read leave me with the inability to really say something that does the work justice. There were a couple things that could have been improved on but that was completely over shadowed by the very soul the author inlays into her characters and the journey they are on. I literally had to reread this book twice in a row because at the end I just felt so raw and exposed and vulnerable and so completely stripped bare that I had no words to describe how this book truly affected me. There is so much beauty and angst and an underlining strength that Kretchmer has written into The Damnable Legacy that it really can speak to you on a personal level if you're open enough to receive the lives and lessons these women are trying to tell you and let you be a part of. I wanted to shake them, hug them and support them and cheer for them and mourned for them too.
Honestly this was a really amazing book and I am grateful to the author for sharing her work with me.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review