Only a Kiss: A Survivors' Club Novel

Only a Kiss: A Survivors' Club Novel - Mary Balogh Only a Kiss (The Survivors' Club #6)by Mary Balogh

Since witnessing the death of her husband during the wars, Imogen, Lady Barclay, has secluded herself in the confines of Hardford Hall, their home in Cornwall. The new owner has failed to take up his inheritance, and Imogen desperately hopes he will never come to disturb her fragile peace.
Percival Hayes, Earl of Hardford, has no interest in the wilds of Cornwall, but when he impulsively decides to pay a visit to his estate there, he is shocked to discover that it is not the ruined heap he had expected. He is equally shocked to find the beautiful widow of his predecessor’s son living there.
Soon Imogen awakens in Percy a passion he has never thought himself capable of feeling. But can he save her from her misery and reawaken her soul? And what will it mean for him if he succeeds?

My Review:
I love Mary Balogh's writing.. every word she writes flows like water and poetry. It has a journey it has many changes it goes through but its also beautiful in its transformation because you get to see it happen right before you. You get to be a part of that journey and that change. Her words are beautiful even when the emotion isn't always at its best. I wasn't first impressed with Percy and Imogen but I stuck with them and could understand after awhile why Mary chose these two. Nature needed them to change, needed them to merge and grow together because although they are quite opposite their strengths and weaknesses compliment one another. What one lacks the other picks up the slack. There is a compromise in opening one self to another even when that person doesn't always have the answer or the right thing to say but knowing that in their heart they feel what it is you're seeking from them. Its quite beautiful. Only a Kiss is yet another fantastic story by Mary Balogh.
I also have to add that I really love the covers on her survivors series. Beautiful work.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley