Bonded

Bonded - Laura Wright Bonded (The Cavanaugh Brothers #4)by Laura Wright

Ranch hand Blue Perez’s once simple life is spinning out of control. He’s discovered he has three half-brothers, and they’re not ready to accept his claim on the ranch. Also, Blue’s girlfriend may have betrayed him in the worst way possible. And after one evening of drowning his sorrows at the bar, there’s someone he can’t get out of his mind, a woman who says she’s carrying his child.
Following a night of breathtaking passion in the arms of the man she’s longed for all her life, waitress Emily Shiver is contemplating her next step. With everything that’s going on in Blue’s life, she doesn’t want to force him into fatherhood. Yet as hard hearted as he may seem, Blue can’t turn his back on her, particularly when she becomes the target of someone’s dark obsession...

My Review:
The Cavanaugh Brothers always manages to tag on that kind of intense emotional conflict of bad boy cowboys rich with drama and vague multi-layered pasts. They have a lot of baggage to dig through same as their female counterparts that take on the responsibility of loving these men. Wright always manages to draw in plenty of intrigue to add just a tad bit of intensity and mystery so that you have plenty of hoops to jump through trying to figure out who you can or can't trust, who you're going to love and what new surprise waits just beyond the next page.
I really felt for Blu because when you have something that re-writes everything you've known about your life you have to go through a lot of sludge trying to remap this person you've been your entire life. I am glad that he didn't ditch out on his responsibilities because too often you find in romance men walking away from the consequences of their actions, so I was very pleased that he did right by Emily (even when he was acting like a mule)
I have to admit the big reveal wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be but alls well that ends well... I thought Bonded was a fantastic story, I thought Wright wrote it beautifully and I was happy with the way she tied everything together for the final page.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley