Scandal Never Sleeps

23398974

Scandal Never Sleeps (The Perfect Gentlemen #1)by Shayla Black

Maddox Crawford’s sudden death sends Gabriel Bond reeling. Not only is he burying his best friend, he’s cleaning up Mad’s messes, including his troubled company. Grieving and restless, Gabe escapes his worries in the arms of a beautiful stranger. But his mind-blowing one-night stand is about to come back to haunt him . . .
Mad groomed Everly Parker to be a rising star in the executive world. Now that he’s gone, she’s sure her job will be the next thing she mourns, especially after she ends up accidentally sleeping with her new boss. If only their night together hadn’t been so incendiary—or Gabe like a fantasy come true . . .
As Gabe and Everly struggle to control the heated tension between them, they discover evidence that Mad’s death was no accident. Now they must bank their smoldering passions to hunt down a murderer—because Mad had secrets that someone was willing to kill for, and Gabe or Everly could be the next target.

My Review:
You know those big giant mystery romances that include cops but they play absolutely no role in solving it?

Their position comes across more as a footnote than anything else. Cops are involved but hey, we're millionaires lets solve this on our own anyway. Also not convinced of the millionaire thing.
However I got more laughs out of Scandal Never Sleeps than I expected though because Gabe reminded me of a male dog who shoves his nose into someones crotch that can't be moved. He bit, he snarled, he threw tantrums, and sex was the only thing on his mind. Then there is poor Everly... the girl who can't say no. Gabe starts sniffing and she can't wait to open wide - *Spoler* Even when he acts up, even when he makes accusations, even though he thinks she slept with his best friend. Dammit they just couldn't resist, and those poor pathetic cops that kind of just disappeared behind all the paparazzi fell by the way side while they banded together with the rest of Gabe's friends to solve the mystery behind Mad's death.
Turns out Everly is more involved than they and even she first assumed and everything you thought you could avoid and knew from the beginning is turned on its head. Its that saying that your enemies are closer than you think defined and given a whole back story.
Just when you think you have it all solved there's a super cliff hanger ending letting you know the secrets don't just end with Everly or Mad.
Scandal Never Sleeps was funny, it was exciting, a little bit silly, a little bit childish, but toss in some passion and plenty of secrets and you have a fairly entertaining read ahead of you.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing