Baby, Not Tonight

Baby, Not Tonight - Dre Sanders

Baby, Not Tonight by Dre Sanders

Milla McKool has been dumped by her French boyfriend after five years, losing her chance at love, her rising star status as an executive chef, and Paris. Back in NYC, she’s stuck with a dead end job, an amaretto addiction to make herself sleep at night, and a decidedly jaundiced view of all mankind. The only cure, according to her best friend, is to get back out there.
Hunter Rossdale has been stuck in neutral for even longer. The handsome, successful investment banker meets his match in Milla, a woman who no longer believes in happy-ever-after. She’s just looking for happy-for-now. Hunter doesn’t know what’s hit him but he’s interested. What man hasn’t dreamed of a sexy woman who’s after him just for sex, no strings attached? But along with some dubious help from Hunter’s brother—a workaholic physician with his own romance woes—Milla’s sous-chef, who has no moral compass to speak of, and a nymphomaniac Russian psychic, the couple finds love isn’t always predictable. Sometimes your destiny is waiting.

My Review:
Baby Not Tonight has turned out to be one of my favorites. I spent a lot of time sympathizing, laughing and being heart broken for Milla. She was me, she's been some of you she's a woman that all of us can relate to at one point or another. Both in the broken stage and in the rebound and on the way to healing and the secondary doubt stage. I loved that her life was something that readers can relate to, her emotions, feelings and thought process are something that anyone in the real world can understand. And of course who can forget Hunters mom? I mean who hasn't had that dinner table moment where you're stuck having to explain your life to your family? Oh, I can't not mention the Captain Ron reference because I got a serious crack out of that. So thanks Dre. Everything in Baby Not Tonight was perfect. The self discovery, self acceptance, the confusion and the realization. It all came together and I enjoyed it from beginning to end.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review.