All Wound Up

All Wound Up - Jaci Burton All Wound Up (Play-by-Play #10) by Jaci Burton

Tucker Cassidy is going through a slump—but not on the field. It’s his dating life that’s suffering. After having a painful altercation involving his ex-girlfriend’s knee, Tucker is convinced it couldn’t get worse…until a gorgeous doctor comes to the rescue at his most embarrassing moment.
As the daughter of the owner of the St. Louis Rivers, Dr. Aubry Ross has been around jocks all her life. She knows the ins and outs of all their games, and she isn’t interested in playing.
When Tucker repeatedly lands in the hospital where she’s working, Aubry starts to think he’s getting injured just to see her. Tucker is both funny and sexy, and Aubry is pleasantly surprised to discover he actually respects her job.
When her father disapproves of their relationship, Aubry knows she’d rather lose Tucker than have him lose his job. But Tucker isn’t about to let threats of a trade get in the way of a game-changing love

My Review:
Oh no... Did that hurt? Here, let me inspect them....
 photo your-testicles-and-you-o.gif
Really?
I felt like I was reading a sports version of Meet Joe Black with the whole parental relationship interference despite the fact that we have two adults that are intimately/ emotionally involved and allow outside factors: career and family to interfere with their relationship and how they conduct themselves and the arrangements they make to have said relationship. I felt Tucker and Aubrey were constantly dancing around this issue which was kind of like kids in high school when they're too afraid to confront their parents and their friends but then we have these really intimate moments where you just want to tell them to stop being so afraid of what everyone else thinks and just go for it. I did like Aubrey and Tucker together as a couple because they have some great moments together and you can see them able to be a really great couple if you shut out the outside world.
I wasn't so happy with how it all concluded but its an ending that can be worked with and the story itself is still good so by the time you read the last page All Wound Up turns out to be a fairly good book.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing