Rough Edges

Rough Edges - Shannon K. Butcher Rough Edges (Edge #5)by Shannon K. Butcher

In the world of covert operations, Bella Bayne knows how to get the job done. And with her work coming first, her personal life is coming in a distant second. Even though Bella would like nothing more than to ravish the rugged, handsome Victor Temple, she’s his superior so it’s a strictly hands-off affair.
When Bella gets a solid lead on the location of Dr. Norma Stynger—the twisted mind behind Project Threshold—she must team up with Victor if they are to finally bring justice to the madwoman. But when Norma’s daughter risks her life to help the team, Bella is faced with the impossible task of deciding who will live and who will die…

My Review:
Although I've missed out on most of the Edge series the author made it easy enough to slide in without reading previous installations without too much confusion. I have to sat that Rough Edges has easily become one of my current favorite reads. Although the author follows a similar idea as a few other books I've read in the past she manages to maintain her own unique spin on the test subject soldier theme. There are plenty of first and secondary characters that are quite active that play an important role in Rough Edges and each of them stand out no matter how minimal the role. Its a trait that speaks of the kind of thought Miss Butcher puts into her work. Her imagery and her character building are things of beauty that I always enjoy being a part of any time I read her work. Rough Edges is exciting, its adventurous, its passionate, its emotional, and everything you would expect from a fantastic writer.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing