Without Restraint by Angela Knight

Untitled Familiar #1 - Angela Knight

Without Restraint (Southern Shield #1)by Angela Knight

Atlanta deputy Alexis Rogers and Navy SEAL Frank Murphy know all about power and restraint, necessary force, and pushing their limits. When they meet in the darkness of a BDSM club, their skills are put to use. With each successive night comes a new adrenaline rush, and while they’re falling into something perilously close to love, their games are still too private, too extreme, and too daring ever to be exposed.
But their intimate lives are upended when a fellow deputy of Alex’s is killed. It’s not a tragic hazard of the job. It’s cold-blooded murder. And he’s not the last to be taken out. Now Alex and Frank have found themselves more vulnerable than ever—and exposed to a killer with a twisted vendetta who turns desire into the most dangerous sensation of all.

My Review:
I really really loved Without Restraint.. It totally had the old Angela Knight feel to it. Totally brought me back to the days that made me fall in love with her work to begin with.
The sex was hot, the plot was exciting, however I should mention that there are a lot of major topics that come into play that may or may not cause readers to feel uncomfortable if they are content sensitive to things such as sex, race, cop killing etc.
I have to give the author credit for being brave enough to release a novel with such heavy handed topics in a time in our country where these issues are forefront on every news outlet. Nature of topics aside I felt the story was written well but keep in mind that its an introductory novel to a new series so you get a lot of extra meat in the set up I have a feeling will eventually "clean up" once we get into further installations.
One note to be added about the intimate relationship of our h/h is that as a gimme from the blurb this is supposed to be a BDSM couple but the sex is defined rather quickly and the personalities don't quite mesh with a sub/dom couple it is also rather mild for BDSM but it has plenty of "play" to keep readers enjoying the kinky treat.
I would definitely suggest and pass Without Restraint on to others that are fans of Angela's work.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing