The Lure of the Moonflower

The Lure of the Moonflower - Lauren Willig The Lure of the Moonflower (Pink Carnation #12)by Lauren Willig

Portugal, December 1807. Jack Reid, the British agent known as the Moonflower (formerly the French agent known as the Moonflower), has been stationed in Portugal and is awaiting his new contact. He does not expect to be paired with a woman—especially not the legendary Pink Carnation.
All of Portugal believes that the royal family departed for Brazil just before the French troops marched into Lisbon. Only the English government knows that mad seventy-three-year-old Queen Maria was spirited away by a group of loyalists determined to rally a resistance. But as the French garrison scours the countryside, it’s only a matter of time before she’s found and taken.
It’s up to Jane to find her first and ensure her safety. But she has no knowledge of Portugal or the language. Though she is loath to admit it, she needs the Moonflower. Operating alone has taught her to respect her own limitations. But she knows better than to show weakness around the Moonflower—an agent with a reputation for brilliance, a tendency toward insubordination, and a history of going rogue.

My Review:
First off, bonus material? Always a plus. So thank you Willig for that.
Second, I really thought that The Lure of the Moonflower was a beautiful book. I was bought with the cover - seriously I love the cover on this novel. I love the color work and the design its absolutely beautiful. (Side note: If you pick up the large paper back its "hand friendly" for those of you that have difficulty holding on to the smaller more slender books)
Lure of the Moonflower is the conclusion of the Pink Carnation set and I have to say Willig did a fantastic job giving us plenty of sweet and funny to go with all the heart ache, disappointment and the hang over from not wanting it to end. (Jack and Jane though? Really? I kept thinking Jack and Jill go up a hill... heh) Anyway I really loved the dynamic between our h/h there was a beautiful chemistry that gave readers the perfect duo providing enough love, support, care and surprise moments for entertainment and assurance even during the rough spots. (Talk about family issues) Also a win is that the author gave us a cameo of previous favs which is also great for us reunion lovers. Lure of the Moonflower is a beautiful book I will enjoy for a long time to come. Oh by the way is there the possibility of a book for C&E? I'm anxious to find out!

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley Publishing