Strong Enough

Strong Enough - M. Leighton Strong Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous #1)by M. Leighton

How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. But that was before I met Jasper King. He became my fatal flaw. Eight months ago, I had a choice to make—abandon everything I’ve ever known to protect my family, or stay and risk someone getting hurt. I chose the former. My plan was working just fine until I found out my father had gone missing.
That’s when I met Jasper. A bounty hunter with the eyes of a tiger and the nose of a bloodhound, he was supposed to help me find my father. What I didn’t know was that meeting him was no accident. Hunting people isn’t all that Jasper does. And helping me was only part of his plan. I just wish I’d found out sooner, before my heart got involved. But even then, I don’t know if I’d have done things differently.
Now, I have another choice to make—trust the man that I’m falling in love with and hope that he’ll do the right thing, or run as far away from him as I can get.

My Review:
As far as maturity which stood out a lot in this book I would have suggested it be slated as a NA book because both Muse and Jasper felt a little "young" and their thinking process felt a little immature. It was interesting the way they found their way together in such close confines also secrets hiding in the open was a little short but it was enough to hook our duo together. Although it was a little too instant there is the whole love at first sight factor in romance so hey, why not? I do wish that we'd gotten more relationship building or bonding between our h/h to give us a more solid foundation to build their relationship on, still without all that I thought the book was great, the suspense was decent and the author created a good story. If the relationship had been fleshed out better than it was it would have had a 5 star rating.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Penguin/Berkley Publishing