Chase the Darkness

Chase the Darkness: An Alpha Pack Novel - Anne Tyler

Chase the Darkness (Alpha Pack #7) by J.D. Tyler

Believed dead by his Pack mates, Micah Chase, a wolf shifter and Dreamwalker, was held captive for months, subject to tortures that left him physically scarred and emotionally unsettled.
Now under the care of the Alpha Pack’s doctors, he’s been prescribed an experimental healing drug, but he still can’t shake the nightmares. Even more damning is that Micah’s problems pose a danger to his team, and if he doesn’t get himself under control, they’ll all suffer a terrible fate.
There is a key to his salvation. Jacee is a beautiful coyote shifter, and though her kind is hated, she’s falling in love with a man whose very future is in her hands. Together they’ll face his personal demons as well as a deadly enemy—and for both of them desire has never come with such risk.

My Review:
 photo giphy_1.gif
Because who doesn't mind some juicy love? (haha)
In all seriousness the whole three way mate thing was a little disjointed and since we already have enough between the drama, the meds, the questionable relationships among other things the added who's who in the bedroom became a slight distraction from the h/h relationship. There's also the confusing mention of the dream ability that wasn't given any particular rhyme or reason or explanation. The funny thing is everyone seems to be confused about how they feel about one another when it comes to their intimate relationship (or so it comes across) so it was difficult for me to invest in the couples as the HEA types despite how happy they said they were. Still it was a decent story and had plenty of random strings to leave openings for other books to step in and fill in the blanks.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley