Hot Point (Firehawks)

Hot Point (Firehawks) - M. L. Buchman

24977488

Hot Point (Firehawks #10)by M.L. Buchman

Master mechanic Denise Conroy—with a reputation for being as steel-clad as the aircraft she keeps aloft—shuns useless flyboys who don't know one end of a wrench from the other.
Firehawk pilot Vern Taylor—known for unstoppable charm and a complete lack of mechanical skills—proves his talent for out-of-the-box thinking with every flight. He's a survivor and a natural-born heli-aviation firefighter.
When Denise and Vern crash together in the Central American jungle with wildfire on one side and a full-fledged military coup on the other, their newly forged partnership is tested to the max. They have each other, but not even their formidable skills combined can protect Denise and Vern from the conflagration sweeping the jungle... and their hearts.

My Review:
I really have to give the author credit for venturing out into the romance genre considering the fact that ML is a male author. ML manages to create an adventurous plot with strong characters and well researched details. I had to give mad props for being able to be so realistic. Hot Point is a romance any female or male for that matter can get into. Its not heavy sappy or steamy sexy but its a realistic and I had to admire that. So many romances are so sappy and over laden in sex that it feels like the writer just creates a story around the sex itself instead of actually putting effort into creating a decent book. Buchman is a fantastic artist of great talent, I really liked the respect Vern has for women and I liked that he conducted himself the way few women appreciate in a man these days. It made him a very likable hero.
There's some wish wash with the plot but it was the characters that really drove the story for me. I will be adding Buchman to my next list of favorites list. Guaranteed I will be looking for past and future books by this author.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review from Sourcebooks Casablanca