Toxic

Toxic - Kim Karr Toxic by Kim Karr

In Toxic, Jeremy McQueen, a sexy, intense, sometimes brooding entrepreneur goes after what he wants—the woman he left behind years ago. Phoebe St. Claire, a put together, in control socialite-turned-CEO has been drifting through life searching for something she thought she'd never find again—the right man to share her future.

My Review:
Although Toxic felt a little too immature for my tastes I wish we (the reader) had gotten a better emotional or mental foothold between Phoebe and Jeremy because there was potential for a really great story to be told. Unfortunately the author seemed to pull back before we really got to invest in their history and the reasons why they are the way they are as it jumps to where they are now. I thought more time should have been spent fleshing out the past instead of the future because I wanted so much more from them. I think the roots are in the story and it has potential but as it sits I felt a little disappointed in its entirety even with the decent writing. It's not a bad story but Karr made me want so much more. I feel that the genre due to the immaturity of its characters should be reduced to YA/NA and not Adult but as it is was good.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.