Suddenly One Summer

Suddenly One Summer - Julie James Suddenly One Summer by Julie James

Divorce lawyer Victoria Slade has seen enough unhappy endings to swear off marriage forever. That doesn't mean she's opposed to casual dating—just not with her cocky new neighbor, who is as gorgeous and tempting as he is off-limits. But once she agrees to take on his sister's case, she's as determined to win as ever—even if that means teaming up with Ford…
Investigative journalist Ford Dixon is bent on finding the man who got his sister pregnant and left her high and dry. He's willing to partner with Victoria, despite the fact that the beautiful brunette gets under his skin like no other woman. He might not be looking to settle down, but there's no denying the scorching attraction between them. Still, the more time he spends with Victoria, the more he realizes that the one woman as skeptical about love as he is might be the only woman he could really fall for.

My Review:
I always like the fact that even the secondary characters in Julie's stories play an important role in her stories. The fact that it brings Victoria and Ford together is no surprise. Although I had to admit a little shock that Victoria left because despite the fact that she appeared shaken by her break in, she didn't strike me as the easily shaken type. Through most of the story she's strong willed and strong minded and that would lead you to believe that she had it in her to stick it out even after the events, however that's what brings us to Ford. He too is more than what he appears to be from the outside even to Victoria. The banter between the two of them is quite humorous most of the time, and the friction between their personalities is evident however this is what allows both the readers and Ford and Victoria to build a bond. Its entertaining to see how their relationship builds and how the two of them begin to open up and get under the others skin.
Suddenly One Summer is a sweet story and I always enjoy Julie's work. I would suggest anyone give it a try.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By: Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.