Courtship of the Cake ("Much ""I Do"" About Nothing")

Courtship of the Cake ("Much ""I Do"" About Nothing") - Jessica Topper Courtship of the Cake (Much "I Do" About Nothing #2)
by Jessica Topper

“Always a bridesmaid, never a bride” has suited Danica James just fine…until the mysterious man who crashed her sister’s wedding steals her heart, leaves a slice of groom’s cake under her pillow, and then disappears.
Hoping to forget her unforgettable fling, Dani takes a job as a backstage masseuse for a rock music festival, not expecting the tour’s headlining bad boy to make an offer she can’t refuse. Nash Drama needs a fiancée—and fast…
Mick Spencer is the best wedding cake designer in New Hope and the town’s most eligible bachelor. But despite the bevy of bridesmaids he’s sampled, Mick can’t get the evening he spent with Dani out of his mind.
So when she shows up for a cake tasting at the Night Kitchen—with his former best friend’s ring on her finger—Mick vows to charm the woman of his dreams into choosing a sweet and sinful ever after, with him…

My Review:
Courtship of the Cake is less of a romance and more of those contemporary self discovery reads. The characters who are caught up in personal dilemmas and dramas are placed front and center to reconsider their lives and where they're going with them and how they feel about the people they are and how their experiences have shaped them. Both first and secondary characters are important because they all are given stories that the reader can grow attached to in one form or another. The book is slow but its a nice read.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By:
Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.