The Undercover Scoundrel (The Hope Diamond Trilogy)

The Undercover Scoundrel (The Hope Diamond Trilogy) - Jessica Peterson The Undercover Scoundrel (The Hope Diamond Trilogy #3)by Jessica Peterson

Mr. Henry Lake spent the past twelve years uncovering the most scandalous secrets of Europe’s wealthy and powerful, serving as one of His Majesty’s most decorated spies. But when a mission to find the legendary French Blue diamond brings him back to London, and face to face with a beautiful noblewoman he once loved, it’s his own hidden passions that are uncovered…
Lady Caroline, dowager Duchess of Berry, knows better than to lose her head over a man. After an embarrassing romantic entanglement forced her into a loveless marriage and early widowhood, she learned to never trust in desire, especially when it comes to the man who once broke her heart. Only, despite her good sense, she finds Henry impossible to resist—even when he once again places her in deathly danger…

My Review:
The Undercover Scoundrel... Peterson has written a wonderful book filled with action, suspense, a little romance, and a speckle of mystery in her newest installment. Undercover Scoundrel was a fun read from beginning to end. I love watching our h/h deal with all the debacles surrounding their lives while trying to answer all the questions that arise. This book has it all. The fun, the tragic, the sweet, the silly, the serious... it brings a buffet of emotions and beautiful imagery for the readers and characters so full of life you can actually believe they may have existed at one point in time. I have a thing for the reunion type reads for some reason they get me every time plus the maturity and experience that comes with time makes things so much more better. I really enjoyed reading this book, I am sad its the end of the series but I look forward to reading more of Peterson's work in the very near future.

My Rating:
5 Stars

Reviewed By:
Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.