The Pitch

The Pitch - Belinda Williams

The Pitch (City Love #2) by Belinda Williams

In three years Madeline Spencer has single-handedly grown her marketing agency, Grounded Marketing, into one of the country's fastest growing companies. But her success has been at the expense of her social life, and her girlfriends have had enough. They'll do whatever it takes, from speed dating to blind dates, to show her there's more to life than work.
Only Maddy is having a hard time forgetting about her business. She's about to pitch for her biggest client ever and the mysterious media mogul, Paul Neilsen, has volunteered to mentor her. Maddy might just be in with a shot of landing the account – if she can keep her mind on the job. Working with Paul is not at all what she'd imagined, and Maddy finds herself torn between her ever increasing workload and her feelings for Paul. She's discovering playing in the big league means making sacrifices ... and Maddy must decide what she can't live without.

My Review:
The Pitch was a wonderful story of work related business relationships that cross over into a personal and intimate relationship. There were a few scenes I felt should have been handled differently as ackward as these types of situations can be its understandable that the brief moments were the same. There are a few stories I've read where the age difference in a couple create road blocks in the story and this one is no different. While Paul struggles to accept their differences in age and the rest of his personal faults and feelings of inadequacy I thought that Belinda handled the struggle appropriately and I enjoyed how both Paul and Maddy find a way to make things work despite their own personal and professional challenges.
The Pitch is a fun story I enjoyed reading to the end. I look forward to reading the next installment of the City Love series.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By:
Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a digital copy in exchange for an honest review from the author.