The Spring Bride

The Spring Bride - Anne Gracie The Spring Bride (Chance Sisters #3)by Anne Gracie

On the eve of the London Season, Jane Chance is about to make her entrance into high society. And after a childhood riddled with poverty and hardship, Jane intends to make a good, safe, sensible marriage. All goes according to plan until a dark, dangerous vagabond helps her rescue a dog.
Zachary Black is all kinds of unsuitable—a former spy, now in disguise, he’s wanted for murder. His instructions: to lie low until his name is cleared. But Zach has never followed the rules, and he wants Jane Chance for his own.
If that means blazing his way into London society, in whatever guise suits him, that’s what he’ll do. Jane knows she shouldn’t fall in love with this unreliable, if devastatingly attractive, rogue. But Zach is determined—and he‘s a man accustomed to getting what he wants.

My Review:
Jane and Zach really shouldn't be together but I think they sense something familiar in one another right from the start. Although both are playing a part in their lives that just aren't a part of the true them, it allows Zach, Jane and the reader to be drawn into the place where you can feel for them. Although some of the drama was a bit off in the end I really wanted them to embrace and find their bliss. I think it was more Zach and Jane that won me over than the story itself - even without so much love, romance or intimacy despite being a romance novel. I was able to relate to them and their personalities and situations even if the plot didn't convince me, it was the h/h that won my heart.

My Rating:
4 Stars

Reviewed By:
Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.