Vicious Cycle

Vicious Cycle - Katie Ashley Vicious Cycle (Vicious Cycle #1)by Katie Ashley

Deacon Malloy’s life is dedicated to the Hell’s Raiders motorcycle club. Tough, hard, and fast with his fists, he serves the group as sergeant at arms. But his devil-may-care approach to life is thrown for a loop when the five-year-old daughter he never knew existed lands on the club steps.
Alexandra Evans is devoted to all her students—but there’s always been something about Willow Malloy that tugs at her heart. There’s an aura of sadness about her, a girl in need of all the love Alexandra can give. When Willow stops coming to school, Alexandra’s search leads to a clubhouse full of bikers…and a father hell-bent on keeping his daughter always within sight.
The moment Deacon sees Alexandra, he has to have her in his bed—and he’s never met a woman yet who couldn’t be persuaded. No matter how attracted she is to Deacon, Alexandra refuses to be just another conquest. But it’s Deacon himself who could be seduced—into a brighter future for himself, his daughter, and the woman he’s falling for against all odds.

My Review:
Very rarely I come across a book I just cant finish for one reason or another, and despite how much I was looking forward to reading Vicious Cycle I just couldn't get through it. I felt that despite some of the adult content it should have been rated for YA because the maturity level felt too low to be placed in an Adult genre. The characters couldn't convince me of who they were and what they stood for, and I couldn't believe that in a supposed biker gang these were the people representing it. I would have believed it if it were maybe some kind of street gang in high school but beyond that I just couldn't finish the book. Half way through Vicious Cycle wound up in my DNF pile.
I leave others to decide on how they feel about the book because there are a couple of redeeming moments and characters, and I know some will love it and others might night like it so much but this time around I have to sit this one out.

My Rating:
No Stars

Reviewed By:
Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note: I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.