His Wicked Reputation

His Wicked Reputation - Madeline Hunter His Wicked Reputation by Madeline Hunter

She was a sensible woman.
He was a man who could drive a woman senseless with desire.

Gareth Fitzallen is celebrated for four things: his handsome face, his notable charm, his aristocratic connections, and an ability to give the kind of pleasure that has women begging for more. Normally he bestows his talents on experienced, worldly women. But when he heads to Langdon’s End to restore a property he inherited—and to investigate a massive art theft—he lays plans to seduce a most unlikely lady.

Eva Russell lives a spinster’s life of precarious finances and limited dreams while clinging to her family’s old gentry status. She supports herself by copying paintings while she plots to marry her lovely sister to a well-established man. Everyone warns her of Gareth’s reputation, and advises her to lock her sister away. Only it is not her sister Gareth desires. One look, and she knows he is trouble. One kiss, however, proves she is no match for this master of seduction.

My Review:
His Wicked Reputation is the first book in the Wicked trilogy, its fun and its light hearted, it moves at an easy pace the characters are always a win because Madeline always knows how to bring to life people that are just as real as you and me. Her worlds are lush with colorful imagery and the plots aren't over zealous with the unrealistic or unbelievable just to keep readers entertained. Her stories are a home for readers that can get comfortable and curl up with her books and get the warm fuzzies without any attempt at being fake or forced. The love and the fun are natural - although sometimes a little bit cheesy she keeps it playful and sexy enough to keep you interested to the end. I love the reasons for why Eva was doing what she'd done and I liked the things that drove the kind of person that she was. I liked Gareth with her and I liked who they were when they were together as a couple. Another great read by Madeline Baker.

My Rating:
3 Stars

Reviewed By:
Krissy's Bookshelf Reviews

Note:
I received a print copy in exchange for an honest review from Berkley.